PROCESSING OF APPLICATION FOR TRAVEL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE OF MINORS TRAVELING ABROAD
The application form with complete documents may be processed at any DSWD Regional Office. Clearance for domestic travels are processed at the City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office (C/MSWDO). Children 12 years old and below are not allowed to travel alone.
WHO MAY SECURE A MINOR’S TRAVEL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
- A minor traveling abroad alone
- A minor traveling abroad accompanied by a person other than his/her biological parents
REQUIREMENTS (NEW APPLICATION & RENEWAL)
- Duly accomplished Application Form
- PSA Authenticated Birth Certificate of Minor (photocopy)
- PSA Authenticated Marriage Contract of parents (photocopy)/Court Decision on Legal
guardianship/Tallaq or Fasakh Certification from the Shariah Court or any Muslim
barangay or religious leader
- PSA Authenticated Certificate of None Marriage (CENOMAR) of minor’s mother with
attached Solo Parent ID/Certification from the Local Government Unit (LGU)
- Duly notarized/authenticated Affidavit of Consent of both parents/solo parent/legal
Guardian (indicate Place of Destination, Travel Companion, Relationship, Purpose of Travel, Waiver)
- Duly notarized/authenticated Affidavit of Support and copy of Proof of Financial
Capacity, such as: Certificate of Employment; Latest Income Tax Return; or Bank Statement
- 2 pieces passport-size ID picture (white background and taken within 6 months)
- Passport of travel companion (photocopy)
- Death Certificate
- Old Travel Clearance (Original)
- Php 300/child processing fee
- 3 working days processing
FOR MINORS STUDYING ABROAD
- Certificate of Acceptance/Enrollment/Registration where the minor intends to study
FOR MINORS ATTENDING COMPETITION/CONFERENCES/EDUCATIONAL TRIPS/OTHER RELATED INTERNATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Certification from sponsoring/inviting organization
- Affidavit of Undertaking indicating safety measures undertaken by the sports agency (for sports competition)
- Invitation from the Sponsoring/Inviting Organization with itinerary and list of participants and duration of the travel/activity
FOR MEDICAL PURPOSES
- Medical abstract
- Recommendation from attending physician
FOR INTER-COUNTRY ADOPTION
- Placement Authority issued by ICAB (Inter-Country Adoption Board)
- Authority to Escort issued by ICAB
FOR MINORS UNDER FOSTER CARE
- Notarized Affidavit of Undertaking by Foster Parents
- Notarized Affidavit of Consent from the Regional Director or authorized representative
- Foster Placement Authority (photocopy)
- Foster Care License of the Family (photocopy)
- DSWD Certification of CDCLAA except for those under Kinship Care
- Return tickets
FOR MINORS UNDER LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP
- Certified True Copy of Court Order on Legal Guardianship
FOR MINORS WHOSE PARENT/S ARE SEAFARERS
- Certification from the Agency attesting to the parent’s employment
- Seaman’s Book (photocopy)
FOR ABANDONED MINORS WITH ALLEGED MISSING PARENT/S
- Social Case Study Report from the Local Government Unit
- Blotter Report from the local police/Barangay Certification from the locality/last known address of the alleged missing parent/s
- 1 Returned Registered Mail to the last known address
STEPS IN APPLYING
- Register with the Travel Clearance Desk.
- Fill out application form and wait for your name to be called.
- Submit to the social worker all requirements for review.
- Submit for interview/assessment of social worker for validation of purpose of travel and prevention of child trafficking.
- Pay processing fee at the Cash Unit.
- Bring OR and claim Travel Clearance Certificate at Travel Clearance Desk after three (3) days.